Wednesday, September 25, 2024

In the Spirit of Rohan: Horses & Bison in Focus

Black & White photo; two horses grazing behind fence

September has been the month I've focused on Rohan from The Lord of the Rings. One activity to match this theme might have been to ride horses, however, I think my horse riding days are over! ha. So instead I found myself inspired to photograph horses in appreciation for the noble steeds of the Rohirrim. These photos were captured as I drove around. Many times I had no choice but to pull over, get out of my car, and try to snap some quick shots from the roadside. One day, there happened to be a location that also allowed me a few fantastic photos of bison. Through my lens, I hope to share an appreciation and glimpse of the connection between these powerful creatures and the landscapes they roam.







I liked the sepia version of this one too!