Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Closer Walk - Mighty Mercy

Day Three:
Exodus 37:1-9 (AMP)


Bezalel made the ark of acacia wood—two cubits and a half was the length of it, a cubit and a half the breadth of it, and a cubit and a half the height of it.
He overlaid it with pure gold within and without and made a molding or crown of gold to go around the top of it.He cast four rings of gold for its four corners, two rings on either side.
He made poles of acacia wood and overlaid them with gold.
He put the poles through the rings at the sides of the ark to carry it.
[Bezalel] made the mercy seat of pure gold, two cubits and a half its length and one cubit and a half its breadth.
And he made two cherubim of beaten gold; on the two ends of the mercy seat he made them,
One cherub at one end and one at the other end; of one piece with the mercy seat he made the cherubim at its two ends.
And the cherubim spread out their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, with their faces to each other, looking down to the mercy seat."
 
The mercy seat and the presence of God...in the old testament the location of grace, the cover of the ark of the covenant. For my coffee & cozy today, I'm remembering that God's presence means mercy. I'll close my eyes, sit up straight, breathe deeply, and picture God on His throne...His throne and seat of mercy. What else matters?

The Lord is majestic! Today I will meditate on the grandness of God and His amazing mercy. I imagine angels around me today, facing me on either side with their wings raised high overhead covering me peacefully. In fact, when I sit down throughout today, I hope to remember that God's seated on His mercy seat. My God is on the throne! 

May today be full of reminders for you on how majestic your God is and may expressions of gratitude for the amazing mercy He extends overflow.