Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Closer Walk - Compassionate Samaritian


We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. ~Charlie Chaplin

Day Two:
Luke 10:30-37 [NLT]

This Samaritan spent time, money and gave his heart to care for the needs of someone who was hurting. Today, I'm asking God if there is anyone He'd like me to serve, love and encourage. Who knows? This person could be across the world or just across the street!

"My Faithful God, send me. Send me to those you want me to specifically love up on. I am open to serving. I am open to getting out of my comfort zone. Even if it's just a random act of kindness...use me God, in Jesus name, because I don't want to be self focused. I want to have the heart that this Samaritan displayed. Amen."

For some fun ideas, spend time praying to God and then check out this database of 332 Kindness Ideas for inspiration!
May our wonderful God bless you today with dreams and avenues to serve others.