Saturday, October 14, 2023

Cozy Caboose Reflections: 25 Years of Faith

Over the years, I've scheduled many a vacation in unusual accommodations. The list includes: Airstream, grain bin, airplane hanger, tiny home, converted church, and container homes. Still on my list are earthhouse, hobbit hole, and potato [I'll let you research that one]. 

Recently, I marked off caboose on a personally beautiful and and special day. October 11, 2023, marked a significant milestone in my life...my 25-year spiritual anniversary as a Christian. I've been walking this faith journey for a quarter of a century, and I couldn't be more grateful.

I've looked forward to this anniversary for years due to it marking the moment when I've officially been a Christian longer than I was not. Inside this charming caboose, I found a sense of tranquility. The soft glow of the interior lights and the soothing sounds of nature outside created such serenity.

I came prepared go deep and started with communion and a fresh air walk with Jesus. My intention was to have a "Stars & Embers Fireside Devotional," which included prayer time under the stars and a symbolic fire pit ritual. This ritual involved writing down trespasses, worries, burdens, and then releasing each one by burning them. However, due to a cloudy night sky and a burn ban, I had to scrap that plan and instead scribble journaled those items and tore them up.

The next morning for my Coffee & Cozy Time, I recited my baptism scripture, Psalm 116, by memory - an annual tradition - then read John chapter 10, chapter 14, and Matthew 11:28-30. The majority of the new morning though was singing worship songs focused on the Spirit. [Spirit Lead Me (Oceans) by Hillsong, Breathe by Michael W. Smith, Holy Spirit by Francesca Battistelli]

This special day I was humbling and I'm so grateful for the love, grace, and unwavering presence of God in my life. I'm filled with hope and anticipation for the next chapter of my faith journey and the years ahead. Here are a few special photos below: 






typically used as a trail marker, a memorial, or a way to indicate a specific location or direction, especially in outdoor or wilderness settings. They can also have cultural or spiritual significance in certain contexts