Saturday, August 19, 2023

Snow Cones & Starlight: Romantic Date idea

Not too long ago, my husband and I planned a wonderfully cozy and romantic date night. He grabbed our favorite snow cones [because it's still so hot in Oklahoma] and we wrapped up in each other's company for a house date.

To create our magical evening, I gathered soft blankets, pillows, and then turned on some ambiance - stars and a swirling nebulae. We happen to have a  ' Love Beyond the Stars ' theme in our bedroom anyway so this was perfect -- short background on our bedroom's theme below. With candles lit and a movie playing [Armageddon], we enjoyed an evening of sweet simplicity and snuggles. I called it our 'Snow Cones & Starlight' date. I don't share to brag; it's just that after being single for so long, I want to capture cherished moments through my camera lens, ensuring they stay forever etched in my heart.

 

Garden Delights II - Nicebleed

The inspiration behind my " Love Beyond the Stars " theme

The idea was to create a bedroom that feels like love knows no bounds. Sometimes we turn on the projector to let colorful stardust twirl overhead and since a nebulae is described as a 'cradle for stars' this evokes a sense of snugness. The photographs of the lunar cycle comforts me when I consider it's consistency in the flow of change. At the heart of it all though is this painting of intertwined astronauts. I love it because, instead of the traditional scene of these adventurers on some gray planet with rocky terrain, they are in a meadow of blossoms. This couple is us--on a adventure as explorers ending up in a beautiful place we didn't expect. So for me as we too snuggle up in this ' space ,' time seems to slow down. Reflecting on Vincent van Gogh's words, ' The sight of the stars makes me dream, ' it's as if our room has become a canvas for this sentiment exactly.