Friday, October 5, 2012

Meditation on Jesus

 
Below are some verses that I'm meditating on today. The picture flat out inspires me too. :) There is hope, strength, & power in the name of our Lord!

  • This name was given by God to our Savior to remind us of the love, mercy, and forgiveness that is available to us. Matthew 1:21 “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." [Jesus is the Greek form of Joshua, which means the LORD saves]

  • 1 Corinthians 5:4 “When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present,”

  • Philippians 2:9-11Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

  • Acts 3:16 “By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.”

  • Acts 10:48 “So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.”

  • 1 John 3: 21-23 “Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us.”

  • John 14:12-14 “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing, He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it.”