Monday, August 6, 2012

Good Job Jar

At the beginning of the year, I made a 'Victory' jar for my home. You can select the link below to read the post: Celebrate Your Victories

Right now it's self-evaluation time at my job and I've realized I really need one at work as well. I easily forget, as the weeks speed by, the victories and projects that I've completed successfully. So by using this new jar at work I won't have to comb through my work calendar looking for progress to share during the self-evaluation next year - I can grab my handy "Good Job" jar.

Another advantage is that when times are tough or I'm feeling discouraged at work, I can simply pull out a few slips of paper to remind myself I'm doing just fine. :) This is the best picture I could get to upload from my phone but it's turning out cute. The scripture on top reads:

“Whatever you do, work at it

with all your heart,

as working for the Lord, not for men…”

~Colossians 3:23



Let's face it, we are not always the best at remembering the good and it's okay to celebrate your victories. Maybe you need a "Good Job" jar too or maybe you need a "Victories" jar somewhere so you can celebrate your personal daily victories? If so, I hope you'll grab a jar, bowl or envelope and start today.