Sunday, March 17, 2013

Run in such a way...

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 1 Cor. 9:24-27

Times are tough right now for myself and a few close friends and coworkers. As I was praying on Friday during my coffee & cozy, God brought up something I hadn't thought about in years. Rocky. Maybe it's cliche, but as I watched a video of the specific training montage in movie one, all kinds of spiritual truths came gushing out.

So as funny as it sounds, I want to encourage you to picture yourself as "Rocky" as you watch this short video. See the personal training as a Christian that you must do and how sometimes it's not pretty, see those around you encouraging you, see the narrow road through a messy world, how your walk with God prepares you for those times when life can punch you in the gut, hear the words "trying hard now, it's so hard now, getting strong now, won't be long now, gonna fly now, flying high now, gonna fly" and how with time, discipline and perseverance we gain momentum and as we climb - ultimately there is victory in Christ!

My prayer is that you get in your bible, get on your knees, worship God then rest in Him, ask for help when you need it, and know there are people in your corner and Jesus is leading their cheers for you. :)


The video is better quality when not viewed on your mobile
so if you are having trouble viewing it then you might try on a computer :)