Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Tiny Adventure!

I wanted to do something special for my 39th birthday and I knew it would be hard to top last year's adventure of the up-close cheetah encounters. Either I wanted to see something unique or stay somewhere unique. 

I looked at a tepee, a railroad car, a remote cabin, an alpaca B&B, and a retro luxury airstream but none of those seemed just right. But there was one other unique lodging possibility that kept drawing me to it...

...a tiny home.

I've been fascinated with them and the whole minimalism lifestyle in general for about 3 years now. In fact, Walden is one of my favorite books and it's on my dream list to see Walden pond and the replica home of Henry David Thoreau. But, I can't yet afford to make that trip to Concord so a stay in a tiny home seemed the next best thing.

The plan: 4.5hr solo road trip, stay two nights, drive back.
The intention: Quality time with Jesus, baby!
The spiritual: sculpt with clay for the first time, meditate on scriptures mentioning God & clay (Job:33:6; Isaiah 45:8-9, 64:8-9; Jeremiah 18:1-10; Lamentations 4:2; Romans 9:21; & 2 Corinthians 4:4-18)
The focus: go natural (no make-up & no fancy clothes), live simple, get refreshed.

More details about the trip to come but first I wanted to describe the preparation:

Simple soup: rice, purple onion, black beans,
greens, diced tomatoes, 1 potato

Simple stew: pico, lentils, grilled chicken, greens
















fresh fruit & tomatoes, yogurt & granola, pudding, trail mix, oatmeal, dark choc. & cheese
refreshment: POM juice, ginger & brown sugar for ginger tea, wine

As a solo traveler, I was given a discount but the price was still a bit more than I usually like to pay for accommodations. So I decided staying at the tiny home would be my destination and entertainment. I would pack a cooler full of food (the tiny home does have a kitchen) and just chill there the whole time. After all, it is in the country and does have an outdoor hot tub so the thought of chilling, in the boonies, enjoying the evening air, & looking up at the stars sounded magical. Yay for adventure & time away with Jesus! :)

More pictures in the next post!