Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Reboot


Most of us have been there...you are working on a computer and all of a sudden it gives you an error or freezes. It gets stuck - completely. Sometimes the only option to get it going again is to do a scan or reboot the whole system.

...And sometimes that is the only option for us as well.

God had to scan my system a couple of weeks ago. I was frustrated about a situation. I fell asleep on a Wednesday night thinking about it and woke up Thursday morning thinking about it. Arg! So as usual, I sat down early Thursday morning and opened my blog to catch up on some other bloggers. That's when God's Spirit swooped in and my whole "Coffee & Cozy" was Him scanning me and showing me my true issue. (and it wasn't the situation that had me frustrated that was the problem.) 

I sat there reading stories of children in need and it really humbled me out. What had I been so frustrated about again? Someone disrespected me? Seriously, the things that get me all worked up sometimes are so...worldly! There are so many people in need and truly hurting. What I need when my 'system' gets stuck on situations, especially ones my friends refer to as "1st world problems," is perspective.

So I'm letting God continue to scan me and reboot me to get some of those system 'errors' out. *smile* And...at this moment I'm thanking Him for that silly situation that got me all worked up because it lead me to reading Purity's story and to letting God use me to encourage her. Amen.  

Search me, God, and know my heart; 
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23 & 24