Monday, May 27, 2013

Cheerful Greeting - Chidodolo

Last week I received a cheerful greeting from Chidodolo. He wrote to me without the need for a translator. :)

Mpendwa, Amy Baker
I'm greeting you in the name of Jesus. How are you? Me and my family all are fine and are greeting you. At home I'm continuing with different activities like cooking and cleaning house. Thank you very much for the gift. I enjoyed it and thanks too for your letter. I like all the picture in your letters like the photo of the Mountain (it was of Mt Esja in Iceland), cheetah, your parents and those cards which contains good messages. At Centre I'm doing well and we continue with different stories from the bible but now we still with the topic which deal about Easter. In this topic we learn about Redemption and to know that Jesus has died because of our sins. I love so much this topic. Did you like this? Thank you very much for your prayer and always I pray for you and your parents in your different activities. THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU.

Chidodolo William John

Compassion also sent me a school progress report and he looks to be doing pretty well. Some of the lessons he learned specifically where:
  • reducing incidence of illness
  • interpersonal relationship skills
  • Jesus as savior
  • enterperneurship skills
  • summer camp
I'm happy to hear from him! I not certain if he's talking about receiving his birthday gift or his gift from Christmas. I wish he had expanded and I might ask Compassion about it. Still I'm happy he's receiving what I send :) I can't wait to write him back and talk about Jesus more. <3