Monday, March 11, 2013

The Potter & His Clay

Over my vacation, I was mediating on scriptures referencing God as a potter and us as his clay. I realized, again, that I'm really hard on myself, especially toward my outward appearance. I'm hiking up to 3 miles a few times a week but I'm not happy with the progress...yet that is nothing to hang my head down at! One of the things I wrote in my journal was, "Who am I comparing myself too?" I think that's an important question and I'm still mediating on it. I might be comparing myself to a 'younger' version of me? Hmmm....





I also affirmed that I'm a sensitive soul, made rough by past circumstances, and that God is reshaping me again into a child likeness. And so, in the spirit of embracing and the rediscovery of my child-like heart...I give you my clay creations :) This 'sculpty' clay is great. After you create with it, simply bake it in the oven at 275, 15 minutes for each 1/4 thickness.