Thursday, September 20, 2012

Be...Here.


I saw this marvelous picture on "Pinterest" the other day. I'm guilty...ya know, you're hanging out with a friend, or family, or in a work meeting and yet you are taping away on your cell phone/ipad/whatever screen really spending time with someone else and mentally in someplace else. I know I get frustrated when someone does it to me but I can also be so glued to my cell phone or computer...soooo guilty!

There is something to be said for LIVING IN THE MOMENT (even the phrase falls off the tongue like a happy waterfall). I'll soon get to put into practice this very picture because there's an "All Girls Getaway" coming up. I'm going to have some hang time with some special woman who have really taken care of me. No, I mean really taken care of me...calling me, hanging out with me, fixing us dinner, helping me clean the house and even picking up tree limbs or sawing fallen limbs in half to be carried away! Since I've been sick these women and our relationships have been priceless.

During the trip we are going to be focused on building memories, adventure, relaxing and getting spiritually fed. Woo-hoo!!!! But you don't need a getaway to do this, in fact, even though I'm sooo looking forward to the getaway, I can't let myself forget to enjoy the right now. Won't you join me today? Let's live in the moment! We can practice it right now.. as you enjoy reading these quotes below, tonight at dinner, when a coworker steps into the office to talk, or even when we notice the first rays of the sun beaming in...ahhh, wonderful moments!

Thank you Stephanie M, Angie, Ivonne, and Nikki. May God remember your kindness to me and bless you double. 

Quotes:

With the past, I have nothing to do; nor with the future.  I live now.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The living moment is everything.  ~D.H. Lawrence

Forever is composed of nows.  ~Emily Dickinson

As you wait for better days, don't forget to enjoy today, in case they've already started. ~Robert Brault

Life is always walking up to us and saying, "Come on in, the living's fine," and what do we do?  Back off and take its picture.  ~Russell Baker

...and probably what's been one of my all time favorite quotes:

May you live all the days of your life.  ~Jonathan Swift