Tuesday, July 31, 2012

DeCluttering: Day 1 of 5

I took a decluttering challenge with fellow blogger, Jill Foley over at her "Daily Bread" blog. She challenged herself and others to release 5 things from our homes each day this week. I know I have enough hiding spaces like closets and drawers to do this challenge but I also want to look at my motives and build convictions. One of the reason we are over consumers is a lack of contentment. I must grow in being more content! So I will share a few verses as I go along. I think these scriptures will help me when I want to 'bring new things' into the house but I think they also help with decluttering, or as Jill so perfectly put it, releasing!

Hebrews 13:5
Let your character be free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,"

Luke 12:15  And He said to them, "Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions."


Before

After

Before

 After

Items I am donating, recycling, or selling:



Progress! :)