Monday, March 12, 2012

The God That Knows Us


I have returned from my adventure...and what an exciting time it was for me! I encountered cheetahs, a strange man from Canada and over 864+ miles of road - all while traveling solo. Plus, I reconnected with distant friends, one of whom I met when I strayed off my original path. He was from my childhood and his name is Jacques. More about all those things in the days to come! Out of the many things God set into the fibers of my heart during this trip, one resonates deeply...God knows us. As I gather my thoughts and posts together, I wanted to start off with a poem I wrote on March 1st about why I travel. It was inspiring that I saw each line come to life as I journeyed! 

I travel to encounter God in unique earthly locations & within my own uncharted interiors.
I roam to bond with the biblical explorers I read about in the sheets of my bible.
I journey for the sake of my spiritual, mental, and physical health.
I voyage to remind myself that God created me heroic and resilient.
I escape because I know we are mistaken in our worship of industry.

I wander to gain wonder.


Secondly, I wanted to share what I read for my time with God the morning I left for vacation. It just happened to be my birthday and I always read the same scripture each year. Psalm 139. This year, I read the NLT version and, as always, I can totally see God moving perfectly in what is going on in my life. It reads, "You (God) see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do... You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head...You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed...Point out anything in me that offends you and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

In the next few days, I'll be sharing stories with you about my trip and all that I've learned. I hope you will join me!