Friday, August 5, 2016

Ephesians 5:16 - Making The Most of Every Opportunity

Five years ago I created a personalized license plate with the thought that at least one time in my life it would be cool to have one. Ha. However at the time of its creation, little did I know all the ways God would use my little "OHYAY" plate to encourage others! Some times I glance in my rear view mirror to see people pointing at my license plate and smiling. At red lights, crosswalk pedestrians have walked by and given me a thumbs up or laughed. I've also seen passengers taking photos of it as I cruise the highway and once I even found a note left on my windshield saying that every time they see my car they smile.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. After all, God used my previous car 7 years ago to reach people in my community when He placed my little "car ministry" in the path of those who desperately needed prayer. (click the green link to read that story) This week I've had the chance to decide whether simply to keep the plates the state will send me for my new car or to use this opportunity again. 

To help decide, I began to play around with some ideas, get input and pray, pray, pray. Some amazing options were available in customizing a plate! Some examples I could choose were: MYJESUS, GIVE LUV, UZME LRD, JC ISLRD, PRAY 2HM, and BELOVED. As I talked to a few creatives and those who know me well, the consensus was that BE LOVED was the best choice. However, my heart was still unsettled. Then yesterday I spoke to my daughter about one other plate idea I had been considering and she said, "That one!!!!, Yeah that's the one." 

As I prayed over all these top choices on my ride to work today, God began to press on my heart that the message should focus not only on strengthening but should be universal. (not just for the beloved) Considering all that is going on in the country and the extreme burdens many individuals are facing the choice became clear. He lead me to the perfect license plate and it should arrive in 3-4 weeks. 

My prayer is for everyone who sees it...that it is fitting to inspire them as well as remind the beloved of a cherished scripture...one that God has personally brought up this year over and over again. 


"So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time
we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up."

Galatians 6:9