Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bless & Release

There has been a slight gap in my posts because of new changes in my life. And we all know that change can make us exhausted and stressed. Even so, the results of these changes have turned out great! 

The work team I've been a part of has been amazing and provided me some of the best experiences and success of my career so far. Even if the tasks before us seemed daunting, unattainable, or stressful, we would pull together, rock it and exceed expectations!


But, God made it obvious a few months ago that, after 8 years, it's time for a change. There has been an organizational shift in culture, outside of my team's control, to a more corporate, competitive mindset. Two valuable lessons I've learned in the past are that:

  • You can find a work environment that fulfills you and work that you enjoy...and
  • It's not mentally, emotionally, or physically healthy to stay in a work culture that you find negative.

Although it's a lot harder than it sounds, now I will have to take all my hard work and the successful program I've been overseeing and follow one of our sayings in our department... "bless and release." :) God's given me friends and mentors here that will last long after my final step outside the office building and for that I am grateful and content! 

Okay, three cheers for new adventures: Yay, yay, yay!