Monday, May 13, 2013

Darkness Before the Dawn



"A sunrise is a beautiful thing to watch, isn't it? But it doesn't happen all at once. It starts with a gradual lightening of the sky, an almost imperceptible change from inky black to promising gray. Then the gray gradually changes to beautiful shades of lavender and orange and you catch a glimpse of the sun just below the horizon and you know that you know that you know, it's going to rise. Just when you think you can't wait another minute – there it is, bursting forth in glorious radiance, shining just for you and promising a new beginning." ~Kim, Rejoice Ministries

Each of us has experienced what is considered the, "darkness before the dawn." The quiet, dark of the morning when vision is strained and nerves of the unknown are high and sensitive. But then, what happens? The sun begins to rise! I like the description above of the sunrise because this morning I woke up feeling nervous and apprehensive about the upcoming day, week, rest of the month..maybe even the next few months. Do you ever have mornings like that?

So I pulled inspiring things to my side as I sat down in my oversized chair; my God, his bible, my coffee, a devotional book I've been reading, and the computer. Then, with cats purring all around me, I dug in to find some inspiration and to push the darkness away. After about 30 minutes I looked right and saw the light of the dawn outside my backdoor.

Ah...the sunrise!

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard." Isaiah 58:8

I'm so thankful for mornings. I'm so thankful for God and how he understands our hearts & minds and in advance has prepared us for the darkness before his dawn! :) This song always inspires me in times like these so I hope it will inspire you too!


For mobile viewers select this link: Josh Wilson: Before the Morning