Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Box for a Family in Need







"Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?"

This verse, written by James in chapter 2:15-16 always moves my heart. This year, as in previous years, I have a collection box of food items in my office which I am typically able to pass along in secret to a family in need. Often I buy the turkey and my coworkers contribute the rest. The people I work with have SUCH generous hearts that there is usually much more food than what is needed for an average Thanksgiving meal! Yay. 

The same morning I was praying to God about this year's Thanksgiving box, He also put it on my heart to have some kind of blanket or coat drive for December. So I'm praying and planning for that as well. Do you or your family have anything you are doing for those in need, or those who are under-served, or the forgotten during the winter/holiday season? I hope you'll share your ideas and plans with us!

My prayer is that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, quality time with family or friends, and much rest and relaxation.

May God bless you!