Friday, August 3, 2012

Being Thankful...


I recently created a wreath to use on my door for the Thanksgiving/Autumn season. Why, you may ask, when it's summer and 106 degrees outside am I even thinking about the fall? Well, because I was on a website the other day and I saw something about Thanksgiving plus the cool weather of Fall & Winter make me happy!

So I worked on the wreath above and as I placed it on the door to take a photo, I thought about what I'm thankful for in my life right now.

  • First, my home with God. I'm so thankful for the sanctuary it is not only for me but often times for others.
  • My family - we cheer each other on, I learn so much from them, and they have really supported my dreams.
  • Dear friends - my little circle of gal pals who I connect with weekly and join me for adventures!
  • Health - I've had some health struggles but that doesn't mean I'm not thankful for the health I DO have and the blessings that come along with it.
  • My job - mostly because it pays for the life I desire to have in that it lets me give to and help others, I get to have adventures, and my home...leading back to my sanctuary with God...ah, the big circle! :D
What are you thankful for right this moment? If you are like me and the extreme heat makes you grumpy, we can tend to forget to focus on the good...so why not take a little time now?

Practical Possibilities:

  • Make a list of what you are thankful for like I did above
  • Turn a frame into a chalk board or create your own DIY dry erase board to hang in your room to jot down things you are thankful for that day before going to sleep
  • Post a message on fb of what you are thankful for and ask others to comment and share theirs
  • Write a card to people you are thankful for to encourage them 
When people walk up to my door during the fall the message I want them to see is that -  I'm thankful. What about you? :)