Thursday, August 2, 2012

DeCluttering: Days 2 & 3

I was under the weather on Tuesday so I'm combining two days in one. It's amazing to me how things get stuffed in the wrong places like my bathroom drawer (hello, Splenda packet?) This little challenge has helped me get organized and put things in the right place. But more than that, because I hope to find some items to give to others, it's almost felt like a treasure hunt as I walk through my home. I've also started reflecting on what it means to be 'rich towards God.'

Matthew 6:19-21 [ Treasures in Heaven ] “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

1 Timothy 6: 17-19  "Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."

There is SO MUCH deepth in those verses that I could chew on for weeks! My heart got excited about the sentence reminding me to 'take hold of the life that is truly life.'

Bathroom drawer before

 After


Before


 After



Cute business shoes. I hope they help someone else feel amazing!