Friday, February 17, 2012

Quotes about Jesus

I happened across quotes about Jesus that were so encouraging I felt the need to share them before the other posts I had already scheduled. 

I think someone out there is really needing these quotes too!

May we always remember to focus more on who God already is and not more on who we still need to become. Remembering who he is always keeps me encouraged and wanting to grow :) Enjoy!


When Jesus comes, the shadows depart. ~Author unknown, inscription on a Scottish castle

If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me. ~Robert M. McCheyne

All the powers of darkness vanish;
Christ our Day-Star mounts the skies.
~Author Unknown

He changed sunset into sunrise. ~Clement of Alexandria

Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness. ~Floyd W. Tomkins

The name of Jesus is the one lever that lifts the world. ~Author Unknown

“Yet as I read the birth stories about Jesus I cannot help but conclude that though the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog.” ― Philip Yancey

To holy people the very name of Jesus is a name to feed upon, a name to transport. His name can raise the dead and transfigure and beautify the living. -John Henry Newman

“It was no accident, no coincidence, that the seasons came round and round year after year. It was the Lord speaking to us all and showing us over and over again the birth, life, death, and resurrection of his only begotten Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ, our Lord. It was like a best-loved story being told day after day with each sunrise and sunset, year after year with the seasons, down through the ages since time began.” ― Francine Rivers

Jesus is the God whom we can approach without pride and before whom we can humble ourselves without despair. –Blaise Pascal

Have a wonderful weekend!