Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Master's Cleanse - Earthly Things

Day Seven: E is for Earthly things

Defined by the dictionary: not heavenly or divine: worldly

Prayer time focus: how I view and define worldly
God: the guide to my eternity

Philippians 3:19 “Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.”

Colossians 3:2 “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.”

Practical: Write down what earthly things you think about most. Do any of the items on your list fit into this subject too?

Prayer time focus: Meditate on what is divine about God, dream and journal about heaven, praise God for the time you have been able to spend cleansing.

If you just finished the 'Master's Cleanse' then congratulations! Its lessons are simple but the topics are serious and sometimes ugly. You should be focusing on the fact that you've had the guts to look into your heart about such deep subjects. Go you! If you are feeling discouraged in any way because of the things it brought out, then please remember...you've got to see where you are before you can get to where you want to be. Don't forget an important part of the study series was to focus on who God is so it wouldn't hurt to take  some time meditating on these truths below again throughout your day.

God: the trainer I can trust
God: the owner of my body and soul
God: the ruler of my world
God: the protector of my soul and life
God: the overseer of my thoughts
God: the master of my minutes
God: the guide to my eternity