Monday, April 29, 2013

God's Tremendous Care

But now, this is what the LORD says -- he who created you, O
Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed
you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."
-- Isaiah 43:1


We can often ask God, “Don’t you care?”
The disciples did. Mark 4:38
Martha did. Luke 10:40
What about you?

I hope these verses below can sink deep into your heart and inspire you this week. “May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.”
2 Thessalonians 3:5

Isaiah 49:15-17 (NIV)
 15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
       and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
 16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
       your walls are ever before me.

Jeremiah 31:3-4 (NIV)
  3 The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:
       "I have loved you with an everlasting love;
       I have drawn you with loving-kindness.
 4 I will build you up again
       and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel.
       Again you will take up your tambourines
       and go out to dance with the joyful.

Song of Solomon 4:12
You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride; you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain.
****
Practical: Write down some thoughts on what these words mean in your life right now. Are there other favorite verses that you can think of that share God's heart for you? Take some time to read over them again :)