- Began visiting a nursing and rehab facility in my neighborhood to encourage the residents there
- Completed some projects at work that went wonderful and received praise from my boss
- Had my first respite visit and was able to love up on a young sibling group from foster care
- Worship God at night under the stars
- Memorize a new poem
- Completed my photo album for the adoption agency and began submitting homestudy for potential children
- Enjoyed the company of two best friends who came over with dinner and prayed with me during an extremely challenging time this year
- Secret serving of another
- Began zendoodling
- Planned a wonderful "Strength Weekend" for me and some close friends to get away and get closer to God
- Met my daughter for the first time...
- Received gift from church for my daughter to attend teen camp and a teen weekend
- Put a hybrid exercise machine together by myself
- Made dinner for a couple and served them in my home
- Had an funky and unique 40th birthday party at a spa & trendy hotel with friends
- I was called "Mom" for the first time by my girl.
- Followed God's spirit and left an ill-fitted group at church
- Connected with several parents who foster teens
- Joined an amazing family group in my church, in my area - their support this year has been incredible
- Finished ALL that paperwork for the adoption
- Successful sweet 16 birthday party for my daughter :)
- Had an amazing July 4th and family reunion to introduce my potential daughter to extended family
- Terrific "girls weekend" with my momma
- Enjoyed a segway adventure and David Garrett concert with my folks
- Joined a parenting/teen class with my girl
- Challenged a book in the library of my girl's high school and WON! They reviewed it and decided it's subject matter was too pornographic and pulled it from the shelves
- Got a wonderful new treadmill to exercise
- Opened up and shared deeply with friends about some fears and hurts from others
- Finished Christmas shopping early to help my budget
- Started a prayer journal to widen my prayer life
- Heard a great message about embracing the full ministry of Jesus "The Great Compassion"
- Survived cat dental cleaning and other cat health issues - ha
- Great friend traveled to my job several time to have lunch with me and encourage me
- Coworker praised me to my boss
- Asked my girl if she would be open to us "adopting" each other - she said yes!
- Planned annual trip to hometown and got to see an answered prayer of my daughter seeing the passion play with me that I watched as a teen!
- Completed the sponsorship of a teen in the Compassion program - Chidodolo graduated on to police school
- Enjoyed a day of "healing" - rain, butterflies and special time with God
- Decorated for the holidays with my daughter and enjoyed seeing things as she experienced it
- Amazing family photo session to celebrate my new family
- Adoption Day! Family, friends, laughter and so much joy
- Began new family, new traditions, new life!
I'm certain more things happened during the months before the adoption but that I was just too busy to record them. Ultimately this has been a life changing and amazing year! I'm so grateful and in awe. Life is good and God's plans are best.
Introducing my new smart, funny and beautiful daughter. :)
|My best friend support team!|
|The moment after the judge granted our adoption.|
|My amazing parents! I'm so grateful for their support.|
|Would have been tough without this crew as our support.|
|The one who calls me Mom. :)|