Friday, May 24, 2013

Praying through a Child's Room

I've started spending my Coffee & Cozy times in a different place - my future children's bedroom. It all started when the beds first arrived. I had just broken my toe and I decided to take a nap in the room. One day I took a nap in one bed, the next day I took a nap in the other.




The room is still a work in progress and I'm trying to keep it gender neutral until God reveals the child/children he has planned for me to adopt. I've spent tons of time praying through the house over the past few years but this week I find myself spending extra time in there, extra time praying for the children that will some day walk through the doorway to sleep, play, and live in this 13 x 11 room. 



So what am I praying for in my times with God in here? Well, I'm thanking God for the opportunity to take care of this child/children someday. I pray that He will help prepare their hearts, minds, and spirits for the change and for His help in the transition for all of us. I am praying that we will be able to connect, bond, and attach to each other in a deep mother-child way.   



I'm also praying for them to hear the call of Jesus' voice when it's time and that nothing and no one would stop them from turning to Him. I pray for their futures ...including their future joys and future heartaches. I pray for guidance and openness in talking with them about their adoption, their birth family, and I pray for their healing.



There is of course much more that I pray but usually I finish with praying that we have a blast together as a family! And I share with my amazing God how exciting it is to think about the moment I see their picture for the first time, then get to meet them, and watch the whole thing unfold! How completely exciting. :D