Monday, April 1, 2013

A Date with Jesus

Easter celebration is such a fun Sunday activity. I enjoy being around my brothers and sisters as we worship God and rejoice in a Saviour who is living and interceding for us! But yesterday, I didn't feel well so I had to stay home from church. I've learned a lot about myself and my relationship with God during my illnesses. It would be easy to sit around and relax but I want to be unified in spirit even during those times that come up when I can't physically be unified in person!

So, I decided I was going to have a date with Jesus and have a celebration of our own! I made a relaxing, soft pallet outside on my garden patio, took my bible, journal, and orange juice & spent time with God. It was beautiful, warm sun, breezy, and quiet. Do you remember what quiet sounds like?? ahhhh....
I sat there and watched the most amazing clouds zoom by, spoke to God about the past week and all the moments I wish I had responded with greater faith, and asked God for a clearer vision into the truest kind of relationship with Him and for wisdom, trust, and faith. Next I flipped open my bible and turned to read in Matthew 8. The last verse I read was verse 13 which says, "Then Jesus said to the centurion, 'Go! It will be done just as you belived it would.' And his servant was healed at that very hour."

At that moment I heard it...

...and it wasn't the simple chirp, chirp, chirp but the rare beautiful song of the red cardinal. I looked around and saw him briefly in my rose of sharon tree then in an instant he flew off. A minute or so later, his bright red body shimmered against the light blue sky and my bright yellow chimney and he continued to sing to me. After that he flew to my large fig tree and in between the fresh new growth of fig leaves, he surround me with song. It was a magical Easter and I spent some wonderful time with my strong Jesus.

If you wonder why this red cardinal's visit was so impactful to my heart, read these two posts :)
Cardinals - God's herald to me  &  Cardinals - D.O.G.'s story