Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Writing to Inspire Others

Whether you are writing a friend, your family, or a child you sponsor, it's easy to hit a mental block in what to share. I try to remember when I'm writing that people, no matter where they live or where they are in life, get extremely beat down by negativity in our world. There are two questions I ask myself when I get stuck: 

What would I want to hear?

What postitive words have been shared with me that really made a terrific difference in my life now?

Such simple questions but answering them has really helped me to encourage others. Below are some examples of sentiments I've shared to love up on the two children I sponsor. (Wow, I have two! That just gave me chills *grin*) You'll see a pattern in what I share with them.
  • I looked at you and said to myself, 'Purity is going to make such a difference in the world.' I believe in you. You can do anything you set your mind to. 
  • I encourage you to dream big! God loves you so much and wants you to have your own dreams for your life. 
  • I like New Years because people get a fresh start. Everyone needs a fresh start in their lives. New Years makes me think about God because He can give us a fresh start at any moment through Jesus. That fact about God gives my heart a hug and makes me feel so loved. God loves you so much, so if you ever feel you need a fresh start, He can give it to you!
  • You are unique and totally special!
  • I had been praying specifically for God to guide me through Compassion International to a young man who will make a great impact in his community. I believe that young man is YOU!!
  • Seeing your photo made me smile. Thank you for the joy you carry. I am praying for you & your family each day.
  • You are doing great!
  • Dream big, Chidodolo! People might not always understand but God puts things on your heart & mind for a reason. God loves you so much. He wants to be a part of your dreams and goals.
  • Jeremiah 29:11-14a, God has plans for you, my friend, & wants a deep, real relationship with you. You are that special. I pray this inspires you.
  • Remember, someone is praying to God & asking his blessings on your name from the other side of the world. Me!

I hope a few of these inspire you in your writing or encouragement to others. Maybe they lifted you up in your spirit because it's what you needed to hear too? (or read - *grin) I hope so, because I think you are awesome! :D