Monday, October 15, 2012

Living Water



"If you believe in me, come and drink! For the Scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow out from within."
Jesus, John 7:38

When I think about water a few words come to mind: transparent, light, and refreshing. So today I'm thinking about what Jesus means by living water. My descriptive words for water are a lot like what my spirit needs to be and imitate in Christ so I'm asking myself, "Do those vivid words match my spirit?" 


Songs of Solomon 4:15 “You are a garden fountain, a well of living water, as refreshing as the streams from the Lebanon mountains."

Revelation 21:6He said to me: ‘It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.’”

Isaiah 12:3 “With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.”



Practical: Write a short psalm or prayer about your spirit as compared to living water that flows from Jesus' fountain of life and all that it is nourishing.

Other verses: John 4:10-11, Rev. 7:17, Zech 14:8-9