Monday, May 14, 2012

Moments in Time

Matthew 3:16
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him.

Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed from that moment.

Matthew 27:50-52 
And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split.  The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

Luke 2:38
Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.


John 18:27
Again Peter denied it, and at that moment a rooster began to crow.
______________________________________________________________________


These are some of many unique moments in the bible. I am reading a new book by Liz Lamoreux called "inner EXCAVATION" and its focus is exploring "your self through photography, poetry and mixed media." The first exercise I completed was focused on taking a series of pictures.

The purpose? Its designed to help you live in the moment; the ones that make up your ordinary day. So I took pictures of part of my evening. This evening's 'moments' aren't as ground shaking as those verses above but they are the moments God gave me that night. I want to take notice more of how God is working in both the large and small moments of my life.

So what did I find as I was 'excavating' through my evening? God revealed to me that I'm pretty sad right now. He showed me there's been a lot of change in my life recently and that I need to put my head on his shoulder a bit more and cling to him. I'm grateful he reveals what's happening inside my heart and mind in these little moments.

Here are some of the photos below. None of them are 'amazing' but that's not the point of the exercise. You will notice many are taken portrait style instead of landscape and that the others are taken at ground level. These are cool prompts to try when taking pictures to help be a bit more creative :)