Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Be a faucet, not a drain

This visual really helps me. I have to remind myself so often, "Hey, me....be a faucet not a drain." It can be so easy to be a complainer. This is something I really have to watch out for in my character. Sometimes I find myself complaining about negative things others have shared with me and then realize I've never even experienced it! Weird. Well, we all know what a drain does. Put simply, it empties but a faucet on the other hand...fills! 

Today I'm looking for ways to "fill" those around me? Would you take this challenge with me to find two people to encourage, inspire or cheer? Here are some scriptures & quotes for thought.




Everyone smiles in the same language. ~Author Unknown

Skipping gives the adult a well-deserved break and lets the inner child be in charge for a while. ~Opal Montagne

One filled with joy preaches without preaching. ~Mother Teresa

Laughter is an instant vacation. ~Milton Berle

Jumping for joy is good exercise. ~Author Unknown

You're never too old to do goofy stuff. 
~From the television show Leave it to Beaver,
spoken by the character Ward Cleaver


Go ahead...smile alot at people today! Let your inner child & fun personality fill others with laughter! Today, I imagine that God has turned on the faucet handle full blast with the intention that I fill others up and refesh them. I hope you'll join me. 

“So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11

“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works."
Hebrews 10:24-25

“Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.”
Ephesians 4:29

“Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.”
Galatians 6:2