Wednesday, March 28, 2012

You Have a Protector

SHADOW
"There was a shadow at my bedroom door. I turn my eyes away…as girls are taught…
But his presence overwhelms me. I switch the light on, glance, but he’s gone.
'Of course he is,' I think, turning off the lamp. Again embalmed in darkness.
Yet he is there. I feel him. Fear stands as a shadow at my door.
A night stalker of my own creation."

It’s a difficult thing not to live in fear. Especially, when there is a threat to your peace of mind or physical security. Understatement. Personally, I’ve had my own battles with fear and anxiousness. These battles have reminded me that danger can be very real. Unfortunately, all of us have a stalker. However, he’s not out to destroy our bodies but what is most precious, our soul. But don't get discouraged...We have a Protector! Here are some verses I searched for that reminded me that my true enemy may lurk BUT ultimately, God is victor! (and so are we)

Problem:
1 Peter 5:8 “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”

Response:
James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Problem:
2 Corinthians 11:14-15 “…Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.”

Response:
Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Problem:
Zechariah 3:1-2 “Then he showed me Jeshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. “

Response:
Revelation 12:10-11 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Our true enemy prowls around and accuses us daily BUT we don't have to be fearful because we can submit to God and resist the devil, we can put on the full armor of God and remember with confidence that our Saviour has overcome!

For another post related to this topic, please read: "When Satan Attacks"