Friday, March 30, 2012

God's Proud of His Children

Far too often, LIFE can just beat us down! We can end the week feeling physically worn out, emotionally exhausted and spiritually drained. At least I can be. My thoughts began racing during a recent meeting at work. One of my coworkers was giving a quarterly report of all the projects she'd been working on and at the end of sharing both the successful outcomes as well as the unsuccessful ones she simply stated, "And I'm proud of me." 

Let that sink in.

When was the last time you sat within a group of friends, gave a run down of your week stating both the positive and negative outcomes but finished by stating you were proud of all the strides you made? Because of the balance, this isn't prideful.

If we battle with giving ourselves a little pat on the back, then how much more must we endeavor to remember that God is proud of us too? Currently, I'm reading through the book of Isaiah. In the beginning it's full of woe, then all of a sudden God throws 3:10 in:

"Tell the righteous it will be well with them, for they will enjoy the fruit of their deeds."

Then he goes back to his warnings to the wicked. As a woman in general, it can be easy to listen to the world and let it beat me down. Even as a baptized daughter into Christ, it also can be easy to read verses of warnings and think somehow I only disappoint God. But God is happy about his children!!

May these verses below comfort you into the weekend. Maybe afterwards you might do the desktop high-five above (if you have already who says you don't deserve it twice - ha), then state out loud, "God's proud of me and I'm proud of me too."

Psalm 35:27
May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, “The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.”

Psalm 147:11
the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Isaiah 66:2
Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the LORD. “This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at my word.

Psalm 117:2
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever.

Psalm 146:8
the LORD gives sight to the blind, the LORD lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves the righteous.

Psalm 149:4
For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.

Deuteronomy 23:5
However, the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.


Desktop high-five from: http://www.wallpaperzzz.com/desktop-high-five-download/