Friday, December 2, 2011

Talking to Jesus

While driving, sometimes I find myself reaching over to the passenger’s seat like I’m taking Jesus’ hand to hold. Sometimes I have had dinner at my 180 year old dining room table and discussed my day with our awesome Triune God. This may sound strange but honestly why wouldn’t I have that personal of a relationship?

John 15:15 "I call you no longer my servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing. Rather, I call you my friends..." I once read of a woman whose best friend would blow kisses to God. Thinking this was odd, one day she asked her friend about it. Her friend stated, “If you are uncomfortable blowing kisses to your God then honestly, how real is He to you?” How comfortable are you showing affection to God?

Psalm 40:5  “Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.” When was the last time you stopped to think about God thinking about you? The mind of God is filled with thoughts of you: thinking of your welfare, making plans for your life, doing things on your behalf you haven’t even noticed!

Job 29:4 “In my early years, the friendship of God was felt in my home.” Where else can you be more comfortable than at home? Sit in your room and have a conversation with Jesus as a best friend. Think of all the things that happened in the past three days. Catch up with him like a long-time friend. Laugh together, cry if need be….just make it real!


John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” Take some time to meditate on the fact that Jesus is your ultimate friend…he has laid down his life for you!