Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wrestling in Prayer for You

Love this! - from the New York Times
"Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured." - Colossians 4:12

I decided to use my appreciation bowl idea this week during my "Coffee and Cozy time" with God to spice things up. The first idea I put into practice was: 

Sometime today, spend 5 minutes in silence with God.
~ Habakkuk 2:20
 


As I sat there in silence, I felt attacked. My mind wouldn't be silent, it was hard to focus only on God, the cats kept trying to distract me and terrible images kept popping into my mind. After the 5 minutes was over, I started writing and praying through my journal. The last thing I wrote was, "Be with my friends...so many are just having such a hard time" then I looked up and noticed this, "Write 'Satan, the Lord rebuke you!' on the bottom of your shoes. Stomp your feet down and walk all over him today. ~ Jude 9"

So that's what I decided to do! This helps me to remember the truths of Rev. 12:12 & 1 John 4:4. As I drove to work and prayed, the Spirit brought the scripture above to mind about Epaphras. I want to be a woman who wrestles in prayer for others. This is really a weakness of mine. I need to grow so much! 

So today I'm picturing myself as a collegiate wrestler who is ready to engage and wrestle in prayer. And if you've read this post, I have begun to wrestle for you. May you stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured!