Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FAITH: A Word-by-Word Exploration of Spiritual Truths


A few weeks ago, I noticed the need for something new and fresh for my "coffee & cozy" times. So I researched certain unique words in the New Testament. These words are nontraditional to study but to keep it simple, I'm calling it my F.A.I.T.H. study. *smile* It was great! Below you will find some of what God reminded me of: 

Monday - Firm 
Tuesday - Able 
Wednesday - Impossible 
Thursday - Today
Friday -  Help

Firm: God's reminding me to stand firm in my faith, in Christ, until the end, to hold firm to the Word of Life, to pray for others to stand firm in the Lord, and that I must hold firm to my confidence and conviction. This scripture was moving to my heart - 2 Timothy 2:19, "Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,...”

Able: God is able! Many scriptures to remind me all that my Lord is able to do. He is able to keep me from stumbling, able to help me remember scriptures, able to save completely & forever those who come to Him through Christ, able to deal gently with us during weakness, able to help when I'm tempted, able to guard what I have entrusted to him, able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine, and is able to destroy or bless & establish us. 

Impossible: With faith in God, nothing is impossible...it's only in our human side that we see barriers. Also, that it was impossible for death to keep it's hold on Jesus! That Hebrew 6:4-6 is a scripture people like to try to cross out of the bible but it deserves prayer and trust in God. This was a good little article: It's impossible for God to lie and without faith it's impossible for us to please God.

Today: Reminders: "Give us today our daily bread." "Today, if you hear his voice do not harden your hearts..." "Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever." 

Help: People cried out to Jesus for help. We are called to help others many times in scriptures. We are helped by the Holy Spirit. I'm convinced I need to ask for God's help more. I don't think I pray and express how desperate I am for his help. I am sure I ask for help but I don't think it often springs out of a heart that sees He's the only provider and the One that meets my greatest and smallest needs. I'm really going to reflect on this more!