Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Write the Story...

As part of my 10 x 10 x 10 discipline, I've been dedicating at least 10 minutes to being creative. This week my creativeness is focused on writing and that's been completely liberating! I found a website that provides both photo prompts for writing and tons of questions.

I do my fair share of writing at work and I did a ton of writing for college but this is truly creative writing. It is different because I can write in the way that best expresses my feelings. You can too!

maybe you'd like to write in lowercase like e.e. cummings? or in a beautiful cursive? or maybe you want to use long expressive sentences that flow across a page like soft hair spreading out on a silken white pillowcase. :) It's worth a try just to stretch your mind and thoughts out of the norm/comfort zone of your day. So if you want to play along...here are two photos...pick one and write five sentences to creatively describe what is happening. 




Another suggestion I came across was in the form of question answering or general prompts.
Here are a few I found on Creative-Portal.com

  1. Who are you today?

  1. What’s your story (how did you get here)?

  1. Write a dialogue between your feminine and masculine sides.

  1. What are your limitations, and are they self-imposed?

  1. Describe a color in one word (without using the color's name).
Writing is refreshing. So go ahead and as William Wordsworth says, "Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."