Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Daily Steps for God Chicks


Recently, I bought a new devotional book and some motivational cards to help inspire me. Yesterday evening, I sat on the back porch with my friend Ivonne and we drew from the deck, read cards to each other, laughed and pondered them. One of the cards matched a devotional section I read recently so I thought I'd share both:

Devotional - Day 13 - Daily Steps for God Chicks

"One thing I noticed about [Olympic] sprinters is that each of them must run in his or her own lane. In fact, the sprinter would get disqualified if they decided to try to run in someone else's lane. And yet I wonder, how many of us are trying to get through life running in someone else's lane? We are all supposed to do great things on the earth. And each of us is given different gifts and different tools with which to do those great things."

"You were gifted and called by God to run in the lane that He set before you...not in my lane or the lane of your friend. Your gifts and talents won't help me to fulfill my purpose (other than be an inspiration to me)...and my gifts and talents won't help you...It is your job to begin the adventure of figuring out in just what area you are to be His servant."

Card - Give Yourself Permission

"Give yourself permission to glow. After all, no one else has the authority to do this for you. Assert your inner authority. Wrap your arms around yourself and appreciate your beauty, empowerment, creativity, wisdom, and peace. Give yourself permission to break free from the limiting constructs you have created and radiate the immensity that you are. This is your birthright. Claim it!"

Hebrews 12: 1 says, "... let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." We each have a race to run and we each have OUR OWN LANE. When I get discouraged or frustrated at life I've got to check within myself and make sure that it's not coming from looking into the someone else's lane and becoming dissatisfied with my own. So today I am giving myself permission to glow.

Want to join me? Then let's say together, "I appreciate my own beauty, creativity, skills and lane of life that God's put me in...because it really is awesome and no one else can run in the lane God's designed for me as well as I can!"

Psalm 139