Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Compassion Story

Stories like Joana's will make you want to
GET UP & DO SOMETHING! *grin*

When God lead me to Purity's picture, (the first girl I sponsored) the initial thing I noticed was her smile & her small ankles. I learned she was an 8 yr old orphan in Kenya & God whispered to my heart, "She needs you." I also read about all the COOL things the Compassion center could provide her! Things like Bible studies, health screening, sports, social clubs, computer training, tuition, tree planting opportunities and arts & crafts. When I found out we could write each other too, that sealed the deal. Now I sponsor & write four kids!





You know if God's calling you to do it. Are you fighting against His prompting? I'm not saying He's calling everyone...but I know He's calling others. Let His Spirit Lead You. Sponsor a child! Pass on your love & His and help them dream bigger!

Go to My Compassion Story page to see some other children's lives that you can make a difference in today.

If you have any questions about my experiences with this organization or the children, please comment below! :)

"The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed."
 
Proverbs 11:25 (NLT)