Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fresh Starts & New Beginnings!


New Year's Eve is my favorite holiday and I get nothing but crazy looks each time I share this. Most people really have a bad taste in their mouth. And who could blame them with all this campaigning? I adore New Years because it takes my focus and puts it on God so strongly. So please spare me your hissing during my New Year's Eve or on anything that brings my heart to God. :)

New Year's Eve is a reminder of fresh starts and new beginnings. [and who doesn't need that in their lives?] The holiday seals in my spirit the reminder that anyone can have a fresh start and new beginning at any moment in Jesus Christ! In many ways, New Year's Eve is my personal reminder and celebration of the grace and mercy given to me. Go Jesus! 

In America, campaigns are a way of life. There are political campaigns, weigh loss campaigns, advertising campaigns, volunteer, media, military and also church campaigns. Campaigns aren't wrong but we forget how overwhelming or bombarding they have become in our every day life.

During the New Year's celebration through January a familiar campaign rises: to change & grow. "What's your theme for this year? What are your health goals? Tell me your resolutions. What are your spiritual goals? What are your financial goals?" Honestly, no wonder people dislike New Years - there's no other time in the year when people look around themselves and become so dissatisfied! Which is probably evil just working it's craft after so many people have just spent the holidays of joy, thanksgiving and focus on Christ. 

My friends, I hope you have goals, have words, have scriptures, and...have campaigns even, but I pray you take them personally and indiviudally from God. I hope we are careful of our pressure on others to do what we do or to slightly critique them if God directs them differently. [And before anyone gets defensive, may I share that I do not have any single person in mind, maybe I'm speaking more to myself of what I must be careful of - just saying. *smile* ]

I will stand with much conviction to anyone and share over and over and over again that while I totally believe in goals, dreams, change and growth - still I believe in something even bigger!

God. Letting God decide. Letting God direct me. His timing.

This is a lesson I've been learning even though my health issues. I am asking Him to show me how He wants to grow and teach me in the upcoming year. This has made all the difference in my walk with Him and keeping it fresh. This also tends to keep me from having a demanding heart toward God even about spiritual things. Here are some verses I mediate on and hold to in this: Psalm 32: 8-9, Jeremiah 31: 31-34, John 14:26, Romans 8:26, and especially 1 Corinthians 12:4-6. Check out this story to see this in action in my life: Get Ur Good On

Anyway, my prayer is for a focus to shift toward a trust in God to lead and teach you in whatever way He deems best. In Whatever Way. And even more, my prayer is that the New Year be a celebration of our fresh starts and new adventures through our Saviour.  

1 Peter 1:3-5 (NIV)

Praise to God for a Living Hope

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.