Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Embrace the Poet's Spirit

"How important is the poetess whose goal is only this:
to bring a revelation to the soul as a gentle kiss."
from my new rose bush
 
I wrote this many years ago during a time when poetry filled my life and words of rhyme came very naturally. I write from time to time when I feel moved. Have you ever tried to write a poem? Now, there are websites to help you find word to rhyme. Maybe poetry can be a way to help express your feelings, desires, and dreams? You know it doesn't even have to rhyme! Maybe poetry can be a way to really connect with God in your heart and spirit? If you haven't tried it since your high school English teacher gave you an assignment to write one, then go ahead and try it again. Leave us a little legacy of your view of the world. You never know who you might inspire.


SIMPLE SENSATIONS
The mind was made for poetry and to hear poetic things.
Simple sensations are inspirations to cause our words to sing.
Imagine, hours of simple pleasures and days of noticed times
Where God’s creations are observations for us to lovingly find.


THANKS
My Lord I want to thank you for all that you have done.
For each day that starts anew beckoned by the rising sun.
The blessings you have given have truly enriched my life.
Please strengthen my heart within to live my days for Christ.


SPIRITUAL FIREWATER
Whether at times a burning flame or a flicker in my soul
This little light of mine will shine until at last I’m home
To touch even one inch of God or to see his loving light
To which my simple glowing coals with his fire reunite.

ELOHIM
Your friendship’s my ocean.
It refreshes me often.
Your support keeps me floating.
Your words are like dolphins
Who playfully splash me,
Guide me, and sing
The songs of the coral
And what you can bring.
An emotion so priceless
A friendship so rare
That I would drown of dryness
If taken from there.